This conference will be virtual, September 20- 21, 2021.
The Global Congress for Linear Infrastructure and Environment (GCLIE), is intended to compliment the continental conferences, through providing a platform that allows focus on broader, higher-level, global issues and policies that can influence national and international knowledge sharing and bring about positive change. Periodically the continental conferences and the GCLIE will work together developing interest in, and awareness of linear infrastructure and the environment at the global scale. The Congress is chaired by Wendy Collinson (https://endangeredwildlifetrust.wordpress.com/author/wendycollinson/) and Fraser Shilling (https://roadecology.ucdavis.edu/people/fraser-shilling). The chairs are assisted by an Organizing Committee composed of representatives of the major continental conferences on linear infrastructure impacts.
The following organisations/conference representatives are members of the Global Congress Organising Committee (GCOG) and are responsible for organizing a successful Congress.
African Conference for Linear Infrastructure and Ecology (ACLIE)
(web address: TBC)
- Sarah Chiles (ACLIE 2021 Conference organising committee)
- Wendy Collinson (ACLIE Conference Chair; GCLIE Co-Chair 2020-21)
- Lourens Leeuwner (ACLIE Conference organising committee)
- AfricaMassive (ACLIE Conference organising committee)
Australasian Network for Ecology and Transportation (ANET)
- David Francis
- Rodney van der Ree (ANET Conference Chair)
Infrastructure & Ecology Network Europe (IENE)
Antonio Mira (IENE 2020 Conference organising committee)
- Carme Rosell (IENE 2020 Conference organising committee)
- Anders Sjölund (IENE Conference Chair)
International Conference on Ecology and Transportation (ICOET)
- Fraser Shilling (GCLIE Co-Chair 2020-21, ICOET Organiser)
- Deborah Wambach (ICOET Conference Chair)
Congresso Iberoamericano de Biodiversidade e Infraestrutura Viária (CIBIV)
- Juan Carlos González Vélez
- Alex Bager (Brazil Conference Organiser)
- Juan Carlos Jaramillo Fayad (Colombia Conference Organiser)